Image Map




Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Nerdy Book Club: Book Review

As someone who is a huge stalker follower of the Nerdy Book Club, I was so excited when I woke up today to find out that my book review post for Lynda Mullaly Hunt's Fish in a Tree was posted!
I signed up months ago to contribute to the Nerdy Book Club and kind of forgot about it. Colby Sharp sent me an email last month asking for my review. I had a lot of mixed feelings when I sent it in. Is this good enough? Do I sound lame? Did I use too many commas? All thoughts that crossed my mind after I hit that "send" button.

What I was met with this morning was two of my closest teacher friends (Amanda and Lisa) waking me up to say that they loved my review. I had no idea it would be posted today and it was kind of cool having someone else discover it before me. This is such a big deal to me because I love The Nerdy Book Club... I find so many great posts there from authors, librarians, literacy gurus and more. Nerdy Book Club is a place where I feel like I fit in, a place in Education where people believe the same things I believe. I feel like I fit in there. The support from others who have read the review has been fantastic, too. All of you seasoned Nerdies may think this is silly, a post about a review, but this has given me such a high going into my first trip to Nerd Camp MI. I just can't even.


Yeah, that's Teri Lesesne. Dead.

Seeing my name right next to Cassie Beasley's amazing post Who is a Book For Anyway???
I. Can't. Even.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!